Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Way of Peace

I have been reading a lot of martial arts stuff lately. I find it fascinating that many of the wisdom sayings of different traditions are the same. It is sort of like the creation stories of different ancient peoples--they all basically have the same stories in them! What does that mean? I think it means that God had a hand in all of those stories just as God has a hand in all the wisdom of different religions and traditions!


I am interested in learning the Way of Peace--The Way of The Peaceful Master. Some would say that taking things from different philosophies and different religions is heresy, but I say hogwash. If one has the eyes to see and the ears to hear, God speaks in many different ways. I love this aspect of God. I am not afraid to let the Peaceful Master teach me in the way that the Master wants.


I wish that more people could see this aspect of God. So many are afraid of a different path to the Peaceful Master. So many are afraid that maybe God speaks in different ways to different people. So many people say that there is only ONE way, but even Jesus said that he had others not of this sheepfold that are coming in. Doesn't that mean that there is more than one way? Some would say no. I would say who cares!


The Peaceful Way is a path that is open to difference. The Way of Peace is a road that can be traveled by many different people. Thanks be to God.

No comments: